Learning stops when fear or reactivity starts. This is why many dogs are not successful in a group class setting or struggle with daily activities like meeting people or dogs on walks. If your dog is one of these, MuttSchool has developed our Rowdy Rover behavior modification program for dogs with behaviors such as hyperarousal, separation anxiety, fear, aggression, reactivity or obsessive-compulsive behaviors.
Change for these dogs does not happen overnight or in a few training sessions. These dogs have practiced these behaviors over and over and have been rewarded (even if they have been self-rewarding). It does take a commitment to make a change in the dog’s behavior. It is well worth it. Our results with this program have been life-changing for dogs and their families.
Your dog may qualify for our Rowdy Rover behavior modification program if your dog:
- Has a bite history of either people or other animals
- Barks, snarks, or snarls when in close proximity to people or other dogs.
- Is shy of new people or situations
- Is easy overstimulated or excited by new situations
- Is destructive when left alone or harms himself trying to escape from a crate
Start with an evaluation to see if your dog qualifies for our next 6-month cohort.