Learning stops when fear or reactivity starts. This is why many dogs are not successful in a group class setting or struggle with daily activities like meeting people or dogs on walks. If your dog is one of these, MuttSchool has developed our Rowdy Rover 3-step behavior modification program for dogs with behaviors such as hyperarousal, separation anxiety, fear, aggression, reactivity, or obsessive-compulsive behaviors.
Change for these dogs does not happen overnight or in a few training sessions. These dogs have practiced these behaviors over and over and have been rewarded (even if they have been self-rewarding). It does take a commitment to make a change in the dog’s behavior. It is well worth it. Our results with this program have been life-changing for dogs and their families.
Your dog may qualify for our Rowdy Rover behavior modification program if your dog:
- Has a bite history of either people or other animals
- Barks, snarks, or snarls when in close proximity to people or other dogs.
- Is shy of new people or situations
- Is easy overstimulated or excited by new situations
- Is destructive when left alone or harms himself trying to escape from a crate